Frequently Asked Questions
1) My pet needs a refill of her medication, can I just stop by and pick it up now?
We request 24 hours notice for all refills. The front office can't fill your pet's prescription without the approval of the doctor. Please give us as much notice as possible when you are running low on your pet's prescription. We have an answering machine that takes messages when we are closed, so feel free to leave a refill message for us!
2) I need to bring my pet in soon for an appointment, how much advance notice do I need to give you?
Most days we have 3 doctors on staff, so we are usually able to fit in same day appointments. However, there are those days that we are extremely busy and assuming it's not an emergency, we should be able to fit you in within a day or two.
3) My pet has had diarrhea for 3 days now. Can I stop by and pick up some diarrhea meds from you?
We get these types of questions frequently. We prefer not to practice medicine over the phone. Your pet could have diarrhea for any number of reasons. In situations such as this, we will recommend an appointment to further assess your pet's condition.
4) Are you accepting new clients/patients at this time?
Yes, we are accepting new clients and patients.
5) Can I make payments?
Payment is required at the time of service. We do accept payment plans through Care Credit. Visit www.CareCredit.comfor more information.
6) At what age can I have my pet spayed or neutered?
We recommend spaying or neutering at approximately 6 months of age.
7) What are the advantages of spaying my pet?
There are plenty of advantages to having you pet spayed or neutered including; decreasing the chances of breast tumors, cystic ovaries and uterine infections, decreasing the desire to roam the neighborhood, decreasing the incidence of prostate cancer later in life, helping prevent spraying and marking, and also decreases the surplus of unwanted puppies and kitten
8) How long do the sutures stay in after my pet's surgery?
Most procedures involving sutures require them to be removed 14 days following the surgery.
9) Do you board pets?
No, we don't board pets at this time.
10) When should my puppy and kitten receive their vaccinations?
We recommend vaccinations at 8, 12 and 16 weeks of age.
11) Is it safe to buy my pets medications through online pharmacies?
Please read this article published in March 2010 by the FDA. Purchasing Pet Drugs Online - Buyer Beware
Have questions regarding your pet's upcoming surgery? Click here!